Lesley Hirsch, NYCLMIS' director, presented major research findings followed by a discussion among New York’s top experts in transportation and workforce development. Panelists included:
- Kendra Adams, Executive Director, New York State Motor Truck Association;
- Dale Grant, Executive Director of Grant Associates, Inc.;
- Sheila Maguire, Vice President, Public/Private Ventures;
- Robert E. Paaswell, Distinguished Professor and Director, University Transportation Research Center at City College of NY; and
- Eugene Spruck, retired chief economist of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.
The panel was moderated by John H. Mollenkopf, Distinguished Professor and Director, Center for Urban Research at the CUNY Graduate Center.
In addition to the longer, more detailed report, the NYCLMIS prepared four user-friendly profiles on strategic subsectors in the transportation.Download one or all of the user-friendly subsector profiles here [in PDF]:
Employment in New York City's Air Transportation Subsector
Employment in New York City's Truck Transportation Subsector
Employment in New York City's Transit and Ground Passenger Transportation Subsector
Employment in New York City's Support Activities for Transportation Subsector
Download the longer, more detailed report here:
Employment in New York City's Transportation Sector
Or in sections below:
Front cover, Executive Summary and Section 1. Introduction
Section 2. Air Transportation
Section 3. Truck Transportation
Section 4. Transit and Ground Passenger Transportation
Section 5. Support Activities for Transportation
Section 6. Occupations and Occupational Trends
Section 7. Conclusions, Recommendations, and Appendix
The NYC Labor Market Information Service (NYCLMIS) is a joint endeavor of the NYC Workforce Investment Board (WIB) and the Center for Urban Research (CUR) at the Graduate Center of the City University of New York (CUNY).